Alarm Source Codes

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by m1keh, Jan 29, 2012.

1. m1keh Forum Member

So my MK2 Leon 56 plate has decided that it wants to set off it's alarm at random intervals throughout the day. Lots of fun..... fuse will be pulled soon [:x]

Now I have vcds and can go to central convenice and measuring block 20 and read the alarm source codes. Unforunately I did an auto scan and fault code clear before checking this so they were all zero'd. So will have to wait till after another random activation before I can find the source code.

I have by deduction found that 10 is for the interior monitoring sensors. Which does not match up with the list of codes I found here http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/412638/2823893.aspx or here http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/...r-solving-False-Alarms-GolfIV-TDI-SE-115-2000.

Does anyone have elsa-win or similar and can find a list of codes for the MK2 Leon as i am thinking they must be different depending on the cars they relate to....

Thanks in advance of any help provided, I will update with the code which is causing my alarms when I get it.

2. Collie Forum Junkie

have you tried turning off the internal sensors. my mk4 was always going off til i did that.

3. m1keh Forum Member

I completely unplugged them and it still went off. A bit of digging in similar vcds label files has turned me up this lis. Which fits my 10 for interior monitoring better. I will test others next weekend.
    ; 0 = Drivers Door
    ; 1 = Passenger Door
    ; 2 = Rear Left Door
    ; 3 = Rear Right Door
    ; 4 = Rear Lid
    ; 5 = Engine Hood
    ; 6 = Rear Window Latch
    ; 7 = Trailer
    ; 8 = Rear Window Broken
    ; 9 = Ignition
    ; 10 = Interior Monitoring
    ; 11 = Inclination Sensor
    ; 12 = Intelligent Siren
    ; 13 = Central Electronics Control Module
    ; 14 = Door Control Module Drivers Door
    ; 15 = Door Control Module Passenger Door
    ; 16 = Door Control Module Rear Left Door
    ; 17 = Door Control Module Rear Right Door
    ; 18 = Gateway Control Module
    ; 19 = Power-On-Reset (POR) Alarm (after Terminal 30 Reset an unintended Alarm is possible)
    ; 255 = No Alarm