Aluminium trolley jacks back at Costco

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment & Fasteners' started by bones, Nov 3, 2012.

1. f2 ed Forum Member

She wouldn't let me in ! lol

Asked to see my membership card & i just shrugged at her :p

2. TJ2727 Forum Member

3. Mike_H Forum Addict

I don't like the ones with a narrow roller at the front... a narrower 'stance' is going to be less stable I'd think, although the trade off is it'll be easier to squeeze past the axle stands, etc. I'm not sure that 15" max lift is really high enough either. OK for a wheel change at the track, but not enough if it's your only jack.

4. Admin Guest

looks like the clarke i had and for that price i'd go else where, mine fell apart/lost the ability to pump/started to bend when lifting.

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

Just got my membership through today [:D] Bulk Veg Oil on the list, and maybe some car stuff. No bulk packs of bog roll! I'll report back if there are any trolley jacks or other interesting gizmos available.

6. Mike_H Forum Addict

I was in today... I can confirm that the Reading branch have lots of these alloy jacks in - it's just under 110 including the VAT. If anyone local needs one, let me know and I'll see if I can get you one.

I didn't buy one, as I've already got one, but I did buy a substantial looking jump start pack/compressor thing - handy for starting up cars on cold days with little race batteries, and a 3 pack of big cans of WD40 - about 9 quid I think - handy for the winter.

7. Mike_H Forum Addict

Costco Reading last Sat. Top half of handle has been removed - presumably it's to stop it from being nicked, or it's already been nicked [:D]

[​IMG]

8. beetie

beetie Forum Member

Waiting for the leicester one to open to get one of these.

Think the grand opening is not till the 1st of December.

9. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

The grand opening of a Costco? Wowlol

10. beetie

beetie Forum Member

It's grand for me 'cause I want a low level jack. :-)

11. Mike_H Forum Addict

I'll be at Costco tonight, I think. If anyone wants a jack at cost price, and is local enough to pick it up, then PM me.

I noticed they also have Mobil1 in stock - 0w40 type and I think a diesel one as well. I'll report back on prices and type. I'm not 100% sure it's the pukka Mobil1 Motorsport stuff, or if they're doing a bit of rebranding on cheaper oils.... I'm sure someone on here would know for sure...

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  12. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

ooo where, where??

13. Mike_H Forum Addict

14. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks for starting this thread. I`m hopefully getting a mate to pick one of these up for me tomorrow.

15. beetie

beetie Forum Member

Opposite the shopping centre, near thurmaston, where dunhelm and blacks outdoor place is.

16. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

my brother lives over there ill get him to drop in once its open

17. bones

bones Paid Member Paid Member

if anyone local to me wants one and isnt a costco memeber i can take them along to get one if they want. I havent been in for a couple of weeks tho, but if tyou ring they will be able to tell you if they are in stock

18. Jagermeister

Jagermeister Forum Member

I was at a garage and spotted a suspiciously similar jack made by Bluepoint:
    [​IMG]

Admittedly this is a 3 ton one and does not have the handles on the sides, but its too similar to be ignored. Must say I was suprised it states country of origin as china -wasn't expecting that from Sanp-on

Wonder if there is a way of finding the manufacturer in China & cut out the middle man?

19. Mike_H Forum Addict

Similar but definitely not the same. The handle looks very close but the centre arm and front end of the jack look quite different. It's also several times the price of the Costco/Arcan one. I expect it's a good jack though.

Blue point stuff is often bought in by Snap-On from other manufacturers, rather than made by them.

20. seanlikesfood

seanlikesfood Paid Member Paid Member

I find slapping the large packs of beef joints in there satisfying... Ahem! but yes the trolley jacks and tools and racks are good too!