’92 cabrio sportline power

Discussion in 'Engines' started by silver 83, Mar 13, 2006.

1. silver 83 New Member

Hi All,
    My '83 gearbox expired recently,so have decided to change engine and box.Have bought a '92 8v from a cabrio sportline with v low milage.Is the '83 engine the same power output as the '92 in standard form?I am about to buy a manifold,which gives best performance Supersprint TSR 's own.Thanks

2. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

yeah same engine.

112bhp

noooooooo, someones broke a sportline!! [:^(]

get a magnex stainless manifold if you can (TSR's are quite pricey if I recall)

you might want to get a 2.0 bottom end while the engines out lol

3. sportline Forum Junkie

i once put an engine from a 92 sportline into a mk1 i had that the engine blew on. my mate had put a 16v in his sportline and the engine he took out had 50k on it.
    it was probably the fastest car ive had. dunno why but it absolutely flew. got 130 bhp on the rollers at tsr. all standard. :lol:

4. silver 83 New Member

Great hope mines the same,only has 60k on it.Thanks for the info.The car it came from should never have been broken.Only needed a front panel,lights etc.Would have bought it but to many bits gone already.Not to mention the wife having my bits if I bought another one.
    Would love to put a 2.0l in,maybe next time round.

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

The problem is the sportline will probably be a digifant engine rather than K-Jet, not a huge problem but you'll need to think about how you're going to get it all together. Also the digifant cabbys had an extra lift pump in the fuel tank I believe?

6. silver 83 New Member

Have the full injection system,airbox etc with the new engine,looks the same as the '83 engine.How do I tell if it is Digifant?Would I be better retaining my own injection system to simplify things? Cheers

7. sportline Forum Junkie

its not a digifant, dont worry.

8. silver 83 New Member

Thanks for the info,can get on with tidying up the engine bay.