01 gti 1.8t looking to upgrade

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Taggingthasystem, Nov 1, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Taggingthasystem New Member

hey, I recently bought a 01 gti with the 1.8t 5 speed and im kinda new to the vw scene. I currently own and am building up my 94 stang with a 351c swap so im good with motors but im just new to the turbo thing. the reason im trying to change a few parts is because i bought the car from a kid around my age and his dad bought it for him, and he spent most of his money putting rims on the car, put a turbonetics t3 super 60 turbo on it, greddy type s bov, and put a 3 inch dumped exaust on the car, beat it for 3 months and blew the clutch and was out of money so i bought it and im trying to put this car on the right track. so my first question is what clutch kit would yous recommend for this setup? and im also trying to put a full exaust back on the car but im not trying to spend a crazy amount on all of it. i found an exhaust online for around 200 and i was wondering if anyone has tried this setup. the link to the exhaust is http://nureuro.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=88. Im just trying to get the car back on the right track and running nice again so please let me know if yous have any advice for me. thanks!