020 aug gearbox upgrade

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by francescodenetto, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Ho. .it's possibile To upgrade 020 aug pair With some gear pf 02a aug? Are They compatible?

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

020 and 02a gearboxes are totally different inside so no :(

3. What is another gearbox totally compatibile And plug&play with 020 To have The same ratio of 02a ?

4. rubjonny

5. Sorry But i haven't found a reply in your link

6. rubjonny

if there isnt a box ratio suitable in the link above, then its a case of buy several boxes and strip them to create the gearset you want!

7. Hotgolf

Hotgolf Paid Member Paid Member

Everything you want to know is in that link. It'll give you all the ratio's of all the 020's be it an 8v or 16v box(the pinion shafts diff in size for 4th gear)

8. Ok thanks..i'm interested into a fully pulg&play 020 gearbox for pg engine..Not too Short like aug And Not too Long like 02a ayn..

9. I think At mk3 8v 020 CHE..is It a Good chiuse for g60?is It fully compatible Whit My 020 aug? Any modifications To do?

10. Hotgolf

As said on your other thread, I would not recommend an 020 with a forced induction engine. It's not the bhp that will kill it, it'll be the torque.
    Remember, these boxes are getting old but it's your choice.

11. Ok..I understand your opinioni...It a great opinion..But i Think that 02a ayn gearbox is too Long.. 020 che gearbox is
    PPlug&play with My gti 8v?

12. Hotgolf

There's other 02a boxes out there, with all sorts of ratios, and some with roughly the same as the che. You just need to do some searching.

13. dogzila Forum Member

If you don't grudge the time spent and work on 020 you can try. It so cheap gearbox, you loose only time, work (if you do by yourself) and have experience ;)

14. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

?