020 box

Discussion in 'Engines' started by DODGER, Feb 15, 2005.

1. DODGER Forum Member

I had a recon gearbox in my valver about 6000 miles ago from Big Boys Toys. I changed the linkage bushes at the same time apart from the ball at the bottom of the gear lever (very little movement now). Its been working great untill recently. When its cold there is a resistance when selecting 3rd. Not every time but enough to urine me off. When its warm its fine. It has semi synthetic g/box oil from GSF, I haven't changed it yet. Will achange cure it? Should I be worried? Are you expected to change the oil in a rebuilt box after a few miles?

2. DODGER Forum Member

Very quite out there. Do we think it could be the syncro or just need an oil change?

3. DODGER Forum Member

Come on boys. Someone must have an opinion.

4. harry snotter Forum Member

may just need a small adjustment or if that fails i no someone who had similar probs with a vauxhall box they used slick 50 gearbox treatment and had no other probs after that, hope this helps

5. DODGER Forum Member

Cheers. I am going to re set the linkage this weekend with a handy tool I got off ebay. Will also try changing the oil.