02A box

Discussion in 'Engines' started by apriliaandy, May 16, 2005.

1. apriliaandy Forum Member

Hi all
    Does an 02A box fit my 91 8 valve golf? what are the differences/benefits over the 020?
    cheers

2. chrismc Forum Junkie

02A is a cable change box IIRC, stronger than a rod change 020, but a rod change should be sufficent for your power output Andy..Easy enough swap to the best of my knowledge..

Cable change boxes feel cumbersome & slow in comparison to an 020 with a new bush kit & quickshift..

Do you have problems? [:s] If so, join the club [8(]

3. apriliaandy Forum Member

no problems with box as such apart from weeping or should i say crying there eyes out [:^(] drive shaft flange seals, getting new clutch next week as well as new suspension, and bushes, thought i might get a different box but will leave as is and get seals done at same time.
    sorry to hear your having problems mate. do you run a helix clutch or would that be overkill on mine?

4. chrismc Forum Junkie

Yes mate, mine is a (dead I think) Helix [:^(] or the 'box has bitten the dust [:s] ...Got to investigate fully tomorrow

The flange seals did used to weep a bit, but I never got round to them as they were never too bad.

Id just do them & go for a new 8v friction disc with the existing 16v pressure plate.. :)