03 GT TDi 150

Discussion in 'Mk4' started by ping182, Oct 15, 2007.

1. ping182 New Member

Hey..

Iam so new to this forum and Golf in general.

I have a 1.8 SRi 130 Vectra and cos of loads of issues i have had with it i cant wait to get shut. I bought the car from my old fella and its been one thing after another, ECU, Throttle Sensor, Electric windows to name a few.

Its a quick car but fancy a change.

I have always loved the golf but must admit that the new shape just dont do it for me, the best shape without doubt for me is the MK4. I have sort of set my heart on the GT TDi 150 but to be honest i dont know if this is a good car or not.

At the Mo everything is a bit fussy as i have read alot of stuff about 130, 150 and the Seat Leon no to mention all the extras that you should look for .

I just need so general advice.

The car i have seen is a 2003 GT Tdi 150 4300K - 9695 from a local dealer, it looks like its in good condition.

Thnks in advance:)

2. Seraph Banned

3. ping182 New Member

4. cocobay63 Forum Member

ive been told the 130 TDI is the best, but things to look out for Turbo problems, or mainly it going into Limp Mode, a pain to find where the problem is...... which im having now, Window Regulators, and there are some more things, there is a guide on CGTI to look for,

5. Seraph Banned

Tbh, I'm suspicious already

The head rest discrepancy for one reason, and in the interior trim is wrong.

Confirm all this by verifying the engine code

For a 150 is will typically be ARL.

6. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

does ARL stand for A Right Laugh? [:D]

the pd130 A4 i had in the past was great... i miss diesel sometimes lol