06a block? same or not?

Discussion in 'Engines' started by spartan, Mar 5, 2011.

1. spartan New Member

Hi guys,

im in the process of collecting parts and bits for my next conversion, after doing months of reading im a little confused about the 20v turbo blocks. My plans are to stroke a bottom end with a 95mm diesel crank and have an agu big port head, and possibly a garet conversion, i already have an agu engine but dont fancy stroking that and grinding away metal off the block to fit a longer stroke crank.

my question is will any 06a block be ok as they are all the same and just the internals are different? or are the bam/apx engine blocks themselves stronger(not worried about pistons rods as these will be changed and forged) so would a N/A o6a block be ok??

or am i better off with my AGU bottom end? as they are meant to super strong and bullet proof, i have seen cut aways of both engines and the 058 looks thicker, but grinding metal away obviously makes it weaker??

shooting for 400bhp:):):)

any advise would be much appreciated!!
    thanks

2. danster Forum Addict

Diesel 95.5mm crank in a short block does not give great rod angles. A petrol 92.8mm is better and has been done before so there is more info on that conversion.

INA on here has done some large capacity conversions though, so may be worth checking out some of his kit.

There are diesels that run 06X blocks, so they could be looked at for clearance issues.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011