07 Audi A4 advice

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by jedi_stylie, Aug 25, 2007.

1. jedi_stylie Forum Member

hi all,

my old man just got a new 07 reg A4 avant S-line. he traded it in with his old 53 reg A4 avant, but he isnt happy with it...

first off, he cant get the 'trip computer' up. so he cant see average MPG or current MPG ect. does anyone know how to activate it?

secondly, the radio doesnt receive AM wave, so he cant listen to the cricket... Audi quoted him 4000 to change the radio [8(]

is he avin a laugh?!

any helps is welcome,

thanks in advance,

Luke

2. Leeroysilk New Member

Hello Jedi,

I'm running an an 06 S-line Avant so hopefully I'll try and answer your questions:

The trip computer or DIS (driver info system) is an option depending on the chosen engine. With some engines ie 1.9tdi it has to be paid for, with others it comes free. It shouldn't need activating and the control as with all other VAG cars is a rocker switch on the right steering column stalk. If it hasn't got DIS fitted it will only show outside temp and distance-to-empty

The radio issue is puzzling, even the bottom of the range stereo should still be fitted with AM. As it's an S-line it may have come fitted with the Bose system. Audi offered this foc for a ltd time. If AM doesn't work I'd be heading back to the dealers for a good explanation.

3. jedi_stylie Forum Member

as it happens it is a 1.9tdi... guess he didnt pay fot it then.

as for the radio, im not sure if its got the bose system. but he is sure he cant get the AM frequency. and as i said Audi want 4000 to replace it with a unit that does! mental!