1.01Bar

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by LregG, Apr 18, 2005.

1. LregG

LregG Paid Member Paid Member

Last weekend i took my G out for a spin with the works pressure/vacuum transducer plugged up to the diagnostic equipment (3500 worth!) It self calibrates when you first plug it in so that what you are reading is above or below the atmospheric pressure for that day (much like a map sensor does when you first key on).

I got 1.01Bar (tad over 14.7psi) at 6500rpm and 530mBar of vacuum at idle, Does this sound right??

My engine spec (a far as i know) that would affect boost is 1272cc, full blend, fat K&N cone filter, 76mm induction pipe and collar, toothed belt, front mount intercooler, samco pipes, larger throttle body and a ported gt inlet manifold

I had 12psi on PSD's gauge the last time i was up there but this was before i had the pin holes in the front mount welded up so it was leaking boost.

I'm particulary intersted in the idle vacuum as this seems a little high??

What do your cars read??

2. tandino Forum Member

Have to say that from experience on my Old Saab Turbo 530mbar on idle sounds about spot on - dont think youve got anything to worry about tbh ;)
    Also 1 bar top end is a bit lower than i would expect with your mods but then again i dont know what pulley size your using - i know that porting can lower boost pressure due to less restriction so perhaps this is having an effect on your max boost?

Pete.
    Edited by: tandino

3. LregG

LregG Paid Member Paid Member

cheers pete

I'm running a 65mm toothed pulley on the ported G40 charger