1.3 power

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by Nuno PT, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Nuno PT New Member

weel, i have a 1.3 carb golf mk2 and im from portugal

my problem is power, i need some of that, the obvioes choise is to put an 16v engine ou g60... but and dont think like that, if i wanna an gti engine, i had buyed an gti car.

my idea is to improve a little bit, config the engine by me, improving so parts without planting expensive pieces.

i see my car more like a classic car.

i know some people, and they have austin mini 850cc morris, some mini 1000, and those engine are all pimped up.

i want to improve my engine, in my class, i know that i will never get more than 65hp in my 1.3 block but i wanna feel my car puxing a little better.

so i need some help, i need to know what i need to improve aceleration, Horse power, etc.

by the way, i leave here my car fotos.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. frag New Member

Get a polo GT exhaust manifold and cylinder head/camshaft, add a webber progressive carb with a DIY smoothed inlet manifold and a nice exhaust and you should see 75bhp, it can be done cheap if they have polo GT's in scrapyards over there.

3. HidRo Forum Member

Yes, they(we) do! It's just a matter of looking for them! ;)