1.6 Auto

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by DOLLARS, Oct 14, 2007.

1. DOLLARS Forum Member

Today i decided to crack on with my new project. Its a 1.6 auto in white!!!!!![:D] Yesterday i cleaned the bodywork. I tackled this in this order; wash, clay then wash again. Now i could see the paintwork properly, it needs some attention to the roof and bonnet but other than that the paintwork is rather nice.
    Forgive the quality of the pics:lol:
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

I then set about removing all the arches and exterior trim as im going for a smooth look, jus need some cl spats which i should find at a local scrappy!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I then put some BBS RAs on to see how the car would look,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I then stripped out the seats from the interior as im going 2 put some racing seats in and wont need back seats:lol:.
    im going put a roll cage in also, gonna take out carpet and give a good clean!!!!!! In the boot im going to build a false wood floor to cover were the spare wheel would be etc, also gonna smooth and tidy things up back there
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thats as far as i got today, comments always welcome, good or bad!!:)

2. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

looks good from the photos but its not easy to tell

rollcage, racing seats ..... & false floor?

is it going to be a mix and match of track and 'modded'

be tempted to go the whole hog with that and strip it fully

3. DOLLARS Forum Member

The car is sweet, no rust 2 dents and some other really small bits, other than that its good. the best bit is that it cost me 50 quid and a crate of beers!!!!!! Engine has just recieved some work on it which was carried out by the previous owner, new alternator, weber carb, it runs so sweet as well. Definatly feeling the track/ modded. Jus looking at ideas for roll cage, bucket seats. etc
    As this is my first real project im in no rush to get it how i want, also will be doing some work myself so can learn on the way!!!!!!
    Its an auto box which im not to keen on but drives fine. Dash and carpets out this weekend, weather permitting. What dash would fit without to much modification?

4. DOLLARS Forum Member

Small update!!!!!!

Stripped out most of the interior today. Going for the race inspired look inside. Im a bit undecided on which dash i want to use, the favourite is the corrado dash. I let you know what i choose soon:)
    I am also going to ditch the 1.6 engine for something MUCH more lethal, this will be a VR6 with the scope to turbo it[:D] in the future. So im on the look out for an engine.
    Well here are some pics(excuse the quality).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]