1.6 driver... faster

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by Matt MK2, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Matt MK2 New Member

what mods can i do to this engine. preferrably the cheapest. e.g induction kits etc...

i assume it will invalidate the insurance?

2. LregG

LregG Paid Member Paid Member

Gti cam, bigger carb off of a 1.8 (weber twin choke if you can find one) and a gti exhaust system are all the things i did to a work mates 1.6 ryder last week.

He reckons it goes quicker [:D]

Get yourself down a scrappie and you'll probably find all the above fairly easily :thumbup:
    Edited by: LregG

3. AndrewF Forum Addict

for the amount it'll add to your ins premium it will prob work out cheaper to sell the driver and buy a gti 8v.

4. t_r_d Forum Member

yup as above, i know from experience, sorry to urine on you parade

5. Tufty New Member

Gti cam always though this killed the drivers bcus its built for an injection system buti may be wrong. Bcus insurance here in Ireland costs an arm and a leg ive to tune my driver list of mods is twin 40s gas flowed head and im awaiting a high lift cam if i can ever save up to get one.

tufty

6. gtidave New Member

to go faster u got to drop in a kent gs2h cam alongside a webber 32/34 dtml carb man choke gti ex manifold down pipe
    and gti full system either scrappy or motor factors a decient air filter not pankake and a good cold air supply routed to it this might get a few nags out of it, nah fuk it drop in a 2.0 16v from a mk 3 150ish brake but only if ur car is mint oh and u better upgrade the brakes to g60 ones 280mm and brake master cylinder to the 22mm type out of the mk3 gti's