1.6 x reg seat cordoba

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by Collie, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Collie Forum Junkie

My daily died so i am currently without. I have borrowed a fiat for the short term, but thats another story.

So i have been offfered an x reg seat cordoba 1.6 vario cool/s estate thing from a mate, for scrap value. Its fairly tidy just wondering which engine it is.

Will it be the same 1.6 engine as in an x reg mkiv golf/a3 etc etc?

will the economy be any good?

any one owned a seat are they any good.?

Thanks Collie

2. James_mk2 Forum Member

my friend had the cordoba "coupe" with the ABF and that was awesome fun, although at a different end of the performance scale to the 1.6 estate i would have thought :lol:
    Build quality was good, the only issue he had was trying to get a new headlight, took SEAT about 5 months to get one for him! But i think that's because the SX had different headlights to the others slightly

3. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

As a guess I'd expect it to be the 1.6 as found in mk3 golf, mk4 polo, Skoda felicia. A 75bhp 8v, AEE is the usual engine code.

4. Collie Forum Junkie

yes its an 8v, its got a fuel relay issue so i am going to try and sort it. Be a bargain for 175quid if i can get it running well.

its a y reg too not an x, air con cd all the usual extras. 13" wheels not had anything that small in years.