1.6td running help

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by Forrester28, May 4, 2014.

1. Forrester28 New Member

I am wanting to pump the 1.6 td back into my caddy when it's all done, but I don't know any prt numbers to get metal head gasket and updated head bolts, can anyone help me also want to run better injectors and a 300tdi fuel pump where can I get said injectors and is there a how to out there on fitting the 300tdi fuel pump?
    Thanks in advance

2. REIDO Forum Member

Hi Forrester, welcome to the forum.
    Have a look over at www.vwdiesel.net (if its a 1.6td theres an IDI engine section (http://www.vwdiesel.net/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=41209a4bed7422b6bab3f7f0765660ce&board=6.0) and the FAQ's sections (http://www.vwdiesel.net/forum/index.php?topic=16687.0) are also helpfull) theres loads of info over there that should help answer your questions, its not so busy in the oil burning section on here.
    Im not sure if its beneficial to run the 300tdi fuel pump on the 1.6 IDI engine? but then again it might be? Couldnt say for sure but most people run that fuel pump specificaly on the TDI's as they run at higher pressure and its usually when they are converting to run whats known as an Mtdi or Mechanical TDI set up (TDI engine with no electronic ECU). Might work on the 1.6 if you had the right injectors and boost levels to handle the extra fuel and pressure that pump would produce? Im sure someone will be along to help who knows more about this than me.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  3. Forrester28 New Member

Thanks for the help brother.

4. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

How about helping busy it up then instead of pointing to other forums... :p ;)

5. REIDO Forum Member

Trying my best here!lol

StuMc likes this.