1.8 8v block balancing

Discussion in '8-valve' started by milesmk2, Mar 6, 2012.

1. milesmk2 Forum Member

I was wondering if any one has a rough idea on prices for having a 8v gti block balanced and blueprinted?

Ive just spent half an hour searching and have had no success so far. Could some one help?

Thanks.

2. danster Forum Addict

What are your plans for the engine? Unless you are going for a pretty extreme race or rally engine build then it will not really be necessary. VW internal engine components are pretty well matched to a gramme in weight as std.
    If the flywheel is getting lightened then it should be rebalanced.

3. milesmk2 Forum Member

Wasnt really planning on a full race engine (thought it would be nice) i was just wondering what sort of costs there are too it.

Ive already got a lightened and balance flywheel which makes a noticable diffrence.

4. milesmk2 Forum Member

South east Wales smack between Cardiff and Bristol.

5. nhoj62

nhoj62 Forum Member

i had abit of balancing done on the bottom end of my 1800 8v when i rebuilt it prior to replacing my 1600, i cost a fair bit to have it done, about 240 quid if i remember correctly to have all the bottom end components done.