1.8 Driver on twin carbs?

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by Jamie_pyrite, May 26, 2008.

1. Jamie_pyrite Forum Member

Hi all, just been thinking.. I know putting a Driver on twin carbs is possible.. But can all the other parts take it? What would I need to change to withstand the extra power?

And what kind of power figures would I be looking at, with a gti cam, gti exhaust system, etc. ?

2. Kitsune Forum Member

Having run a few cars on carbs you wont really need to change much else. You wont get masses of power just from carbs. Even combined with a cam/manifold etc it wont exactly tear apart clutches or driveshafts. Total increase depends on how well the carbs are set up and what other bits you get. Carbs respond better to a bigger cam, 3D Ignition and proper time on the rolling road. My old 1.8 (Mk1) made about 140bhp on 45s, tsr cam and a 4 branch. Loved the sound of them though!

I don't really know much about the driver engine mind but I've still got a few bits from my 1.8 block, cam, uprated (?) pistons and a 45 dcoe inlet.