1.8t agu m3.8 -> me7.5 auq ecu/loom issues

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Alexr46, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Alexr46 New Member

Hi,

I have an audi a3 1.8t agu narrowband.
    I swaped my engine loom and ecu from a 02 seat leon 1.8t auq. Immo has been defeated so immo is not a issue.

The car does not start... The fuel pump does not get power when ignition is switched on. While cranking i mention that i have spark. I put a 12v to fuel pump fuse (this way the pump works) and tried to start the car but no success. On vcds i had ckp fault and all 4 fuel injectors, i've changed ckp and now the only dtc code i get is the fuel pump relay but still no start.

The t10 brown / orange are connected. The blue throttle pedal plug is connected, white is not connected because i have a green plug on cars loom and i heard that i only need the red/white wire that goes to clutch switch.
    The black plug is for the brake switch and also disconnected. I don't think that this two plugs are the problem.

I checked the ecu connector and pins 1 & 2 (earth) are ok,
    pin 3 - 12v
    Pin 121 - 0v with ignition on (may be the issue?)
    What else should i check?
    Sorry for my english [:D]

2. Alexr46 New Member

I forfot to mention that the plug near battery is hooked this way:
    1 --> 1
    2 --> 2
    4 --> 4
    5 --> 5
    6 --> 6
    7 --> 7
    8 --> 8
    9 --> 9
    10 --> 3

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

look on your small ecu loom, you should have a big 2 pin plug with a purple/black wire, this is your ecu/coil power plug. make sure its plugged into the mating connector with a single thick red/white wire on your big plug ecu loom. look inside the ecu relay box to make sure you have the 428 ecu relay fitted and check its in the right socket its the one with the 2x white/red wires, black, red/grey looped to one of the red/white and a thin purple wire.

did you also swap the wires over on your brown and orange loom plugs? one of the reverse switch and fuel pump trigger wires need to be flipped on the early to late looms. with the green and white those are the same, just trim the socket on the green plug with a knife till the white plug fits. check my oem thread for the orange/brown wires that are swapped, plus the differences between the T10a and T14a plugs:
    http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?267196

4. Alexr46 New Member

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have the relay 428 for sure and also the plug that you mentioned. What i didn't do is swaping the wires in the brown/Orange plug plug. I will take a look at your topic to see what wires should be switched in the brown/orange plug.

The t14a to t10a i belive is corect. I found a topic where you agreed with a user who did it this way ( The only difference is pin 10->3)

What i don't know is why the engine didn't want to start with 12v to the fuel pump. I will check the injector to see if they are getting power. What voltage should i see while cranking?

5. rubjonny

you should see 12v to the injectors, maf, lambda, n75 etc when cranking these are all fed from the fuel relay :)

6. Alexr46 New Member

If they are fed from the fp relay than the pin that needs to be switched from t10 plug is the problem. I found the pin in your topic and i will switch it tomorrow. Thanks again

7. draganus New Member

Alex are you doing narrow band to wide band conversion?

8. Alexr46 New Member

Yes audi a3 1999 agu -> seat leon 2002 auq loom/ecu

9. draganus New Member

I will be doing same thing in the couple of days but will be swapping to k0422 since I got all the parts(lines,exh mani,turbo,injectors) and wondering if you can help. What parts from wideband do you need.

Here is a list what I found on the net that will need. Do you mind helping.

1. MAF
    2. knock sensors
    3. acel pedal with wiring
    4. throttle body
    5. engine harness
    6. ECU
    7. Wideband o2 with wiring

There is few guides how to do this and to tell you the truth all have pics that are dead. Do you have a build thread or mind posting pics or steps of what you are doing.

10. Alexr46 New Member

You will also need coils, coolant temp sensor, crankshaft position sensor, oil pressure sensor, map sensor...you will find all wiring stuff n rubjonny's topic.

11. rubjonny

when you powered the fuel pump did you remove the fuse and just power the pump side? if so yes that'll probably be why, as it wont have back fed the other feeds from the relay. if you had jumped the fuel relay socket with a loop of wire or powered both legs of the fuel pump fuse socket that will have powered up all the other feeds to activate injectors, maf etc and then car in theory would have fired up :thumbup:

but yes, if you switch the fuel trigger and reverse wires as per my wiring guide then that should sort it :thumbup:

12. Alexr46 New Member

I put a + wire from another fuse to power the pump when fp fuse is in socket.

13. rubjonny

righto in theory it should have worked, but then again if it was only a weedy feed you pulled from it may not have been man enough to power everything. get those 2 wires swapped over then the relay should activate and fingers crossed it'll fire!

14. Alexr46 New Member

I hope it will start after switching the wires. I also found that the brake booster hose is craked. I will replace that too...i think that this could be another big problem.

The t121/121 pin should have 12v with ignition on?

15. rubjonny

the 121 is fed by the ecu relay, which the ecu itself will trigger. i dont think it will sit at 12v with just the ignition on, I think the ecu only triggers it while cranking and also obv when engine is running. saves having coils powered up needlessly if you're sat ign on but engine off

16. Alexr46 New Member

Didnt start. Seems like the engine wants....but isn't.:(
    Pin 3 in orange plug is red/green. I switched it in The engine part of The loom with brown plug pin 2 but The fuel pump didnt prime so i did again The 'wired fuse' thing but again no success...

17. rubjonny

the ecu may not prime the pump, some dont. does the pump run while cranking? get vagcom plugged in next check thru the measuring blocks to make sure all the sensors are reading ok. in particular you'll want to check the crank sensor shows some engine rpm when its cranking over. look at fuse 10 or 37 for the ecu and relay live feed, plus fuse 29 for the ignition live, also fuse 34 and 43 for the fuel relay lives to the engine loom and obv 28 for the pump.

Alexr46 likes this.
  18. rocco2litre

rocco2litre Forum Junkie

try spraying carb cleaner down the intake should sound like its gonna fire..

19. Alexr46 New Member

Solved today. I don't know if this was The real problem but after i spliced The t10 white plug and connect The clutch switch, The car started...my dashboard was set to US or Canada...i dont remember ...and with ignition on was showing on maxidot "Press clutch to start engine" ... I dont think that this two things had something n common because with stock agu loom the car started without pressing clutch pedal. I mention that nothing was done since The last attempt to start The engine...

20. Noracle New Member

Hi Guys, I'm about to swapping the engine loom and ecu from AGU to AUQ.
    I changed from the t10a near battery to t14a like it's wrtited up above.
    Changed on Brown and orange plug the reversal switch with coil signal. White plug I pinned into the green one.
    The Relais box in engine box is also there with fuel punp Relais but fuel pump does not start pumping while turning on the ignition or while cranking the engine
    Immo in ecu is turned of. With old cluster I can reach ecu with following errors
    P1523 crash signal
    P1650 missing signal from speedo
    With the newer speedo from donor car I cannot reach ecu but that's not important because I don't care if the old one or new one gonna be installed. My main problem is the fuel pump.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021