1.8t AUQ EVAP(N80) question

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Leon20vturboo, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Hello everyone! I have done the n249/sai/pcv delete the only thing I left is the evap. When cutting the combi valve lines I cut one more extra line that goes from the evap to the turbo inlet pipe. Capped off the hose that goes to the tip and now my evap vacuum is going only to the inlet manifold with a factory check valve. Now the ticking of the purge valve sounds diffrent. The way I understand it now when my IM is under vacuum the evap is working like it is supposed to but when the IM is under pressure the evap is sealed. Does this damages the evap? Do I have to reconnect the line that goes to the TIP or I can leave it capped? Thank you in advance!

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Welcome to Club GTI.

The vapour from the gas tank is modelled by the ECU.
    When there is a sizable quantity of vapour, this is injected into the engine during a steady state condition, which can be during light loads (engine vacuum) or high load with boost (turbo intake pipe)
    A series of check valves prevent back flow from one circuit to the other.

3. Thank you for your welcome and response. Do I have to reconnect the vacuum from evap to tip or I can leave it the way it is now?

4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

You can delete one of the circuits with the risk of fuel smell coming into the cabin.

Sirguydo likes this.
  5. I didnt notice any smell for the past month so I will leave it the way it is for now. Thank you for your advice.