1.8T ecu Q’s

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Wez, Apr 6, 2004.

1. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

the 1.8t ecu, all models have a "sensor"? controlled by the ecu which expects gases to be re-circed back in after letting off the throttle which is why it comes standard with the diverter valve.
    if you swap if for a atmospheric bov thyen the sensor goes balls up and runs in limp mode?

what ways can you get rid of this?
    i know if you swap the management for dta or summit then it wont have as many sensors, but can it be done my custom mapping the original ecu or by using a jabba chip etc?

another query, if you custom map the original ecu, can you set a prefernce as to what fuel it runs on - 95ron, 98ron, and will it balls up if you run it at a lower octane or will it not matter.
    obviously you want the most power you can get, but if you cant always get optimax etc.............

2. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

Remapping won't help if you are dumping metered air, the new map will still be expecting to burn air it no longer has. If you really must have stupid pshhht noises you need to move to management that reads manifold pressure (MAP sensor) rather than air flow (MAF/AFM). You *could* run an atmospheric BOV on the current setup, but it will drink a little bit more fuel, and damage your pistons in the long run. [xx(]

If you're getting an ECU custom mapped, you can specify what fuel to map for. If you use a lower octane fuel than the one on the map the knock sensor should pick this up and retard the timing a bit to compensate, you'll lose power but at least it won't do any damage.

3. WEZ

so answer to query 1 is you'd have to run another management - okay.
    query 2- i'd still get good power but if its specific to 95 then it wont be as much as other chips.
    but what if i ran 98 on it?
    lol

4. AMY

Amy Forum Member

our seat was chipped at jabba for 98ron and when we put 95 in it runs like a bag of sh|te :(

5. 800gallons Forum Member

why do u want to run a gay dumpvalve?

6. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

He's young,Matt ;)

7. WEZ

as G says, i want to runs a dual port one like amy, so i can be gay when i want :p [:$] :lol:

8. Rallye Forum Junkie

isnt early 20v EMS based on MAP for its primary? as in there is no MAF?

could run it on clockwerk G60 ems