1.8t first start problems!

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Gup16v, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Gup16v Forum Member

had the fuel lines off..im getting fuel through at a decent rate. so filter and pump seem fine.

had the fault code reader on the diag port..not giving any relevant faults.just the n80 and n75, neither would stall the car?
    is it possible for the timing to be out on it?
    also checked to see if injectors are spraying.

or would a vaccum leak cause it to die? any help guys would be much much appreciated..

2. Gup16v Forum Member

i got two other fault codes which i couldnt find the definition for but a quick search and i got this

P1565
    Idle Speed Control Throttle Position lower limit not attained

P1559
    Idle Speed Contr.Throttle Pos. Adaptation Malfunction

swapped the the throttle body off another agu..doesnt seem to have changed anything..switched the fuel pump relay. it fired up for longer (but only the once)..as it was about to die, it would come back to life then die..cant really tell if the fuel pump cuts out when the car starts.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  3. Gup16v Forum Member

anyone know what voltage i should get on the ignition amp wire going to the coils

live = 12v
    other is earth
    exciter (ign amp wire) = 0.15 volts to 15 volts?

4. Gup16v Forum Member

thanks to everyone who contributed...Got it running and it stays running...

turns out it was a combination of several air leaks and s*** in the fuel filter. a change in both and it runs well..

only thing now is the vdo gauge oil pressure keeps bouncing off 5 bar (ie keeps topping out)..maybe too much oil?