1.8t into mk2 general fitting questions

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Oakgreenwithenvy, Jul 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. been looking through the guides as I was looking to tidy up the AYP 1.8t im putting into my mk2.

im wondering when I remove the two valves and sai do I need to put the resistors in as im never going to get fault codes running a QPeng/MBE setup and standard clocks or are they there to keep things regulated???

if anybody has a step by step guides for an AYP Ibiza engine post it because every guide I look at the pipes are different and run different ways must be 10 different 1.8t setups with manifolds around different ways typical German over engineering lol

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

For the MBE992 ECU, you keep:

N75 Wastegate Duty valve.

Bin:

N249 Recirc solenoid

SAI Relay and Air Pump.

3. Just realised the modified loom doesn't even have plugs for it so all out.

Just to be sure what do i do with the vacuum pipe heading to the side of the actuator.

4. Another unrelated question regarding water pipes, I have two water pipes one running from the turbo around the left of the block and one running off the rad pipe across the front of the block both stopping around the alternator what are these for? Secondary water pump? If so is it needed because the qpeng loom doesn't seem to have a connection for it.

Sorry for the stupid questions I got the engine with a box of hoses and bits just trying to put together the jigsaw

5. turbotommy Forum Member

Yes the AYP runs a secondary water pump,water feed into the turbo is on the back of the block as you know,I bypassed it on mine but now plan on re-plumbing it in again and running it off a switch on the dash as I can hear the turbo boiling the water after switch off!
    It would depend on your useage if you need to do the same as me though,many 1.8t's dont have it as standard.

6. Turbotommy did you just connect the two pipes after removing the pump and let it free flow?? Or did you block off the pipes?

7. More questions

In the qpeng wiring guide step 7 says
    Locate the coolant temperature gauge connector (part of the original loom) and connect this to the 2 pin male connector on the new loom

I am having trouble with this as
    1. I have no idea which is the coolant temperature guage connector.
    2. I cannot find the 2 pin male connector on the new loom

On my original 16v engine there are 4 sensors at the coolant flange 3 single pin sensors and the 2pin large sensor (brown plug) anyone know which is the guage connector?

Also the only connector i can see is a single brown wire coming from the qpeng 1.8t loom at the coolant temperature plug

If anyone can shed some light on this it would be a big help. the whole "plug n play" claim is a little far fetched lol

8. skydivebaz

skydivebaz Forum Member

Qpeng is plug and play. I run it and my friend put most of loom in while I had a fag. And he is normally useless. If its brown call me old fashioned I would go for ground. It should also have a fuel pump relay trigger wire and couple for rev counter and power and then a break out wire near the coolant sensor for the cluster wire on the car loom.

9. My previous question still applies also can I use the mk2 reverse switch I see it is about 5mm shorter than the 1.8t item. it just means I can use the mk2 plug if it does work