1.8t remap questions!!!

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by bogjust, Jan 26, 2007.

1. gorilly Forum Member

well you have been lucky... my clutch went on my A3, when i looked on uk-mkivs it appears to be a very common thing.

Seraph is prob best to comment on this

2. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

I run standard 288mm brakes with no ill effects. If I can do 5 hard laps at Mallory park with standard brakes, I see no reason to upgrade them for notmal day to day driving.

The suspension is the first thing that needs to be upgrading after a remap. Koni yellows with Eibach springs works for me.

3. timmygti1.8t New Member

Yeh already done that before the brakes anyway, same Eibach and Konis too, my standard 288mm discs were very worn and needed replacing anyway, i figured for just the extra cost of 312mm caliper carriers why not go bigger [:D]

Planning on taking it to the Nurburgring so it will be good for that, took my last car down there and its a very brake heavy track, one of the most heavy anywhere in the world infact.

4. Seraph Banned

wise if youre going to remap, esp as vw obviously also think a 180hp mk4 warrants the 312s

5. timmygti1.8t New Member

Exactly, if its good enough for VW its good enough for me, 195hp and 220lb/ft of torque is more than VW thought worthy of 312mm discs.

Very pleased with the performance of mine with just a remap, shocks, springs and 312mm discs, plus r32 interior bits, they add atleast 100hp:p

6. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

Been round the 'Ring with 288s, and they were fine as well. Mind you, it wasn't that quick, only 9:30.
    312s will be fine, but I'd either take a spare set of pads, or put on some fast road pads before going (if you haven't already), and taking the current set as spares. I ran out of pads on the way home the last time I went in my Mk4.

7. timmygti1.8t New Member

Yeh i ran out of pads on the Ring and drove all the way back to the uk with metal on metal action in my Punto GT, 17 hard laps took its toll, not good, and the pads were new when i left lol, no other problems though, gave it absolute death too. [:D]

A second set of pads is a must for the Ring, i bought some crap pads as spares incase of emergency for the next trip:)

8. alex9107 Forum Member

you all seem to be talking about revo, ive had my 180bhp gti APR tuned and the difference does half stick a smile on your face [:D]

9. slippy Forum Member

The revo guys are very good,