1.9 M-TDI Conversion

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by Brookster, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

Hello :)

it's me again following on from the 2.4D Turbo Conversion my friend requires a new engine in his Non Turbo 1.9 T4 T:

so i've been looking at the option and the it looks like rather than going down the TDI Route we might go for a M-TDI Build [:D]

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=352117&page=2

AHU Engine with a Landrover VE Injection pump set up with LDA = M-TDI :eek:

then it can be tweaked mechanically and not having to mess with remaps etc.

[​IMG]

Has anyone on here done the conversion already , a friend of a friend has a T25 Syncro with a M-TDI Conversion and get a nice 45mpg fully loaded.

2. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

Read about it on e38. Apparently 200bhp and 50mpg with crazy torque numbers can be expected.

3. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

Yeah the advantages of no ECU are higher tuning potential and no ecu mapping just old fashioned tuning think that's why the Landrovers used them basic and reliable power with good MPG .;)

On the T4 Forum they all seem obsessed with AHU Engines and OEM Management. [:x]

none of them have seen the over side of 1bar on the boost gauge [8(]

4. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

I wonder if I should convert my AFN to m-TDi...

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

Sounds like another flywheel killer to me, Brooky ;)

6. m1keh Forum Member

To be honest, DIY tuning an AHU's ecu is pretty damn cheap and all the information you could ever want about it is on the internet if you are that way inclined.

If you want over 1 bar on the boost gauge you just have to get a turbo that wants to do it and make the ecu tune do that.......

You don't see Land Rovers using mechanical pumps anymore either....... A well tuned ECU will give you lots more scope for improving fuel economy and power all over.

7. LregG

LregG Paid Member Paid Member

The land rover pump (if its the right one) has an 11mm head in it so more scope for tuning out of the box...then again, an 11mm head can be fitted to a 1Z/AHU pump