1.9 TSR servicing

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Davztyr, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Davztyr New Member

Hi as above.. can anyone tell me which plugs and grade of oil please?
    anything else i should check? runs a bit lumpy from cold but after 2 minutes its fine.
    also what should the oil temp/water temp sit at ? also slight hesitation between 60-70 any ideas?
    thanks! :thumbup:

2. Davztyr New Member

***..just realised i have posted in the wrong section...sorry still fumbling around the forums [:s]
    could a mod move this to the right section pls?
    Bad,bad Davztyr.:lol:

3. jmsheahan CGTI Graphics Designer

8v PB?

10/40 synta silver for the oil, bosch/beru spark plugs from your local autofactor. All available here http://www.vwspares.co.uk/

Hesitation could be the ignition timing being slightly out/dodgy ignition leads etc.

Water temp should sit at 90 (just past the middle on the gauge) and oil temps vary. If it's an 8v anything under 100 degrees is a bonus.

Hope this is enough to get you started.

4. Davztyr New Member

ta jm..water temp sits between just over halfway to nearly two thirds.think the guage is goosed as the red led intermittantly blips when it feels like it..and no loss of coolant. oil temps vary between 80 to 115. and to be honest im not sure what the engine code is..anyway to check? i do know it was a rebuilt shortblock engine done by tsr in 2007.

5. jmsheahan CGTI Graphics Designer

It'll be stamped on the block but I'm unsure exactly where. Do you know if it's an 8v or 16v? Those oil temps are fine but with the water you're going to have to do some diagnostics. Might just be a faulty sender. Fan kicking in etc?

If you are servicing it anyway why not do the cooling system too? It's cheap and doesn't take long to flush the system, change the thermostat for good measure and refill with a 50:50 mix of G12.

Have a read of RJ's coolant faq (link below) and the search button is your friend :thumbup:

http://www.clubgti.com/FORUM/showthread.php?t=145091

6. Davztyr New Member

LOL ty mate..its an 8v.[:D]

7. Davztyr New Member

had a quick shufti..heater running fine,doesnt seem to be any airlocks and fan kicks in when it should...only thing is it seems to run for 30 secs or so after engine is switched off,is this normal? im guessing its just a dodgy sender.will order one up along with a new stat.:thumbup:

8. Mk2 16v Turbo Forum Member

It's normal for the fan to to run on a bit after the engine is switched off :thumbup:

9. jmsheahan CGTI Graphics Designer

Just make sure you buy genuine senders mate - GSF ones are pap :thumbup:

10. Davztyr New Member

black one for temps..blue for ecu?

11. jmsheahan CGTI Graphics Designer