1 days Car Insurance for a hired AM DB9

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by Robmk3GTi, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Robmk3GTi New Member

A friend of mine is going to hire her Husband to be, an AM DB9 to drive a round the day before their wedding day. While she has found the car he and possibly the best man (thats me) will require insurance.

Does any one know of a company who will insurance him (26yr old far to young to be getting married) for the day?

Thanks in advance

Rob

2. Grunty87 Forum Member

Does the company that is hiring the car not provide insurance? I thought they would have. I have never hired a car before but any time my dad has it's been covered by the companies insurance. At least thats how i thought it worked.

3. Robmk3GTi New Member

She has arranged to hire the car from a dealer who cannot provide Insurance to anyone under 30. I think the cost of the insurance is going to match the cost of hiring the thing.

4. Collie Forum Junkie

dont some company do a 10.50 a day insurance for vehicles under 40 k will rack my brains to remember it.

How much is the astin worth.

5. Collie Forum Junkie

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  6. Raider Forum Member

Your thinking of thishttp://www.norwichunion.com/short-term-insurance/index.htm

Ive used them loads of times to bring cars home but car cant be worth more than 40k

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  7. Collie Forum Junkie

8. Collie Forum Junkie

just read the t&cs for the above link no good for your purposes.

9. paul_c Forum Member

Anything exotic is pretty much over 30s only, these days.

10. E.W. New Member

I've done this before on my bosses Vanquish. Your best bet is to ask the policy holder to contact their insurance company to add you for the day. The premium is unlikely to be huge but expect a whopping excess to be slapped on, if they will insure you that is.

11. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

Are you covered to drive any car TPFT on your policy? Just don't crash it!!!