1 more Belgian

Discussion in 'Say 'hello' in here.' started by the_valver, Apr 2, 2012.

1. the_valver New Member

Hello,

My name is Tom , 25 years old, I live nearby Antwerp in Belgium.
    I decided to become ( and try to be )active in this forum after lurking around here for hours.
    Why? I like the mentality around here. In Belgium there arent that many GTI enthousiasts, we are a TDI nation. And the GTI people in Belgium tend to focus on show/styling tuning. I feel this forum also caters a lot to people who like to set their car up for performance driving. Which is what has always intrested me. The knowledge gathered around here is awesome.:thumbup: .

I started with a 94' mk3 GTI 16V, it was my first car [l] 70 000 miles when I bought it from the first owner, meticulously serviced and rust free, completely stock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I drove this for 2 years, absolutely loved it, kept it stock and in good shape. And then I wanted to buy a vr6, big mistake(not saying a vr6 is bad :p ).
    I sold the 16v within 1 week for a good PRICE. But I never found a vr6 to my likings and bought an e46 320ci instead, also a mistake (enginewise) but it also made me BMW crazy.

Last year I was looking for a daily and also considered to join the TDi club but then a nice 95' mk3 16v popped up ( quite rare in Belgium, aparently they only sold 95 16v's here ) My car wasn't one of those 95. Although it was built in the VW plant in Brussels it was delivered in Paris France to it's first owner, who moved a lot for his work. So the mk3 also resided in Poland and England before finally returning to it's birthplace. It has full service history, 100k miles and a mileometer, thanks to its stay in GB.

[​IMG]

I lowered it with a Bilstein B14 coilover kit, and renewed some of the mechanicals and fixed some rust. By this time I was getting addicted to the Nrburgring. So I will be installing more and more track/performance related modifications. The car doesn't really have to be a daily anymore. Also bought a Z3 ///M Qp partly for that, I like my cars sporty ! On my internetquest for information regarding the performance subject I found myself constantly ending up on this forum.

Cheers,

An ABF lover

2. craggsy Forum Member

Welcome aboard fella.

I shall be flying thru Belgium in about 4 weeks time on the way to the ring, then to Worthersee.

I love Belgian roads as they are smooth and people get out of the way when you come up behind them

3. Joe16v Forum Member

Welcome !

4. Seatman Forum Member

Welcome along, should've got a tdi lol

5. the_valver New Member

Thnx for the warm welcome , Since i have started this thread I have read for hours. So much threads are relevant to my intrests. Tomorrow i'm going to try and get a thread going on my Mk3: what I did to it , what I want from it and how I'm going to get there. A thread with lots of questions.

6. fthaimike Forum Addict

welcome aboard