110 injectors into the 90 unit.

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by tomstickland2, Jul 3, 2009.

1. tomstickland2 New Member

I've had a good read of the tdi club faq (http://www.tdiclub.com/TDIFAQ/TDiFAQ-6.html) and it looks like putting 110 injectors into the 90 BHP engine will give a decent result.

My look round the net suggests that the engine codes are:

90 BHP: 1Z / AHU / AGR / ALE
    110 BHP: AFN, AHF, AVG, ASV

So I'm going to do some scrap yard trawling.

One thing that bothers me is that the guide suggests using VAG COM software to adjust some parameters so that low rpm fuelling is taken back to stock levels.

I'm just wondering if anyone has done this mod.

2. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

Not too much of an issue, just put in the other injectors , or even bigger! I personally run PowerPlus 764's wishing I'd bought Race 520's even though theres not much in it other than smoke values

the adaption via VAG-Com is only to set up the quantity of injection at idle. this is to offset the extra fuel thats being put in to keep smoke levels down

TBH most of the TDI's I've came across IQ values have been set to low from the factory & between 90 - 110 nozzles theres not much in it. might boost power 10 BHP, but does help the turbo spool up quicker

3. DGT

DGT Forum Member

i fitted Bosch .205 nozzles from ebay, designed for a 110 IIRC onto my AHU mk3. i can regularly embarass mk4 lardass tdis and gtis..you will be very surprised indeed..and its a really pleasnt job changing out the nozzles, very enjoyable and satisfying.

i fitted kerma pp520's to my previous AHU and i cant say they were any better than the standard .205 bosch ones, performance wise..the only issue i have is the shudder from the engine if im in too high a gear and im coasting due to over fuelling.

mpg hasnt changed at all..acceleration is way way better..didnt even bother with a tuning box as my brakes arent upto it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-T...emQQimsxZ20090808?IMSfp=TL0908081310007r26820

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  4. tomstickland2 New Member

Sounds good. I'll be doing it soon. Just got to sort some basic suspension stuff out first.

5. DGT

DGT Forum Member

6. teKnodriver Forum Member

@DGT:
    Did these nozzles look like good quality?
    I've bought some right tat on ebay in the past...
    sound like good results you got from the swap -
    Did you adjust fuelling in VAGcom or leave as is?

any extra info appreciated - i'll be doing this soon,
    P)

7. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

no need to do anything, just fit and forget

8. DGT

DGT Forum Member

^^yep

nozzle quality was very good

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  9. tonk Forum Member

So the link on DGT post is for ebay usa $89 devilered = 55 is that a good price????

10. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

yep decent price I think, it is just the nozzles, have you looked at KermaTDI ?

I think putting 110 nozzles in a 90 and it will give you almost 110 (20 BHP increase) bit hopeful !

the 110 had other bits to it ECU and turbo related

11. DGT

DGT Forum Member

i see what your saying..but to all those that are tempted to fit nozzles i would say go for it, this is, hands down the cheapest and for the money,most effective mod ive ever done to a car..60 and an hours labour is a complete bargain, and its not one of those mods where you try to convince yourself thats its a bit pokier but are never quite sure..this is an immediate major boost in power that will leave a smile on your face guaranteed:thumbup:

12. teKnodriver Forum Member

hope you all having a great Christmas...

about to finallly buy the nozzles - should I go for the .205 or .216?

I'm running an AHU 90BHP standard but biodiesel as fuel... more viscous etc.
    any ideas either way?

Thanks
    P)

13. ourkid Forum Member

I E-mailed the guy selling these on E-bay (as mentioned above).He advised not going over the .205's unless other more serious mods are done (larger turbo),as they can be difficult to tune for low smoke.

HOWEVER,that's just his opinion,and i'd imagine slightly more concerned about emissions over in the US.I'd be interested to find this out also.

14. dubste2 New Member

bit late into the thread but ive just got a 1.9 tdi b4 passat 1z code i think.
    was wondering what i would need to do if i put some bigger injectors on.
    like change fueling or whatnot?
    do i just stick the new ones in and thats it, or is there more to it?

cheers Scott