12v issues with Mk5 GTI

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by Dominic Engelen, Mar 16, 2024.

1. Dominic Engelen New Member

Hi, have a MK5 2007 GTI, I use a Bluetooth device in the cigarette connection, this stopped working, I plugged in a different device that didn't work then I changed the fuze, I then plugged in a completely different device again after the fuze change and now this device has stopped working in my partner's car, has the last device been blown, can I assume this is a connector issue and not a fuze? Where do I go from here?

(Device from partner's car no longer works on her car and her cigarette connection no longer works either after putting a device In her car that had previously been tested on mine)

2. davidut5 Forum Member

Hard to understand the issue, but a bad connection would not cause the device to fail, it would just stop working-no power. And if it was shorted, then where it was plugged burned the fuse. Cant see why, because it should have a fuse on itself and much lower amps than the car.

3. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Sounds though the device thats been shared between cars shorted somehow.