13’s for a mk1. how wide?

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by Lloyd123, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Lloyd123 Forum Member

im goin for 13's on my mk1. i was plannin to stick 13x8's on the back, and 13x7's on the front. but im now thinkin it would be cool to have 8's all round..

has anyone experienced 8 inch wide wheels on a mk1?

also, are the 13's gunna fit over my late 16V disk conversion?

thanks ppl

2. zak. Forum Member

Don't know about the wheels but for 256mm brakes you need atleast 14" wheels

3. carl moffatt Forum Member

13x8's all round :thumbup:

Im getting the ats classics, what wheels you got in mind?

4. Lloyd123 Forum Member

looks like im goin back to standard mk1 GTI brakes at the front then! i need 13x8's :p

im goin for something pretty unusual. you will see when the mk1 is done.......... in about a year time. lol.

Edited by: Lloyd123

5. jamez Forum Member

I HAVE 13 * 8 FITTED TO MY MK1 THE ATS CLASSICS AND HAD THEM FULLY REFURBISHED. FRONT FITTED 175-50-13, AND REAR 195-45-13 AS FOR EVERY INCREASE IN WIDTH THE HIGHT INCREASES BY SOME PERCENTAGE OR SO I WAS TOLD AND LOW AND BEHOLD THE TYRES ARE THE SAME HIGHT.ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT ON THE 8 * 13 ATS THE OFFSET IS ONLY 1MM AND WITH THE RIM SO WIDE FITTING SPACERS WOULD ONLY PUT THE WHEEL FURTHER OUT. I HAD SO SHAVE MY CALIPERS ABOUT 3 MM AND THIS IS WITH HALF WORN BRAKE PADS. SO WHAT TO DO WHEN NEW PADS ARE REQUIRED????????????
    CROSS THE BRIDGE WHEN I COME TO IT!!!!!!!111

6. AxlFoley Forum Junkie

this is a pick of my mates caddy, wit 7"x13" et20 on the front and 8" x 13" et 1 on the back, an you can see how wide they stick out, the green MK1 that is in PVW all the time, the one with the tan seats,

[​IMG]
    this car has got 8" all round i think
    [​IMG]
    Edited by: AxlFoley

7. jamez Forum Member

i would agree there are 8'all round on the bottom picture. they are exactly the same on mine. as for your mates motor, it is a cracking example of a truly top motor if you get my driftp.p where did you get the sunshine???????????