1300 probs a 3-4k rpm

Discussion in '8-valve' started by dubleon, Oct 27, 2004.

1. dubleon Forum Member

Hi,

Wierd problem, i've got a 1300 mk1 driver on a carb and recently ive swapped over to a weber repalcement. My car then on ran fine for a couple of days with a flat spot around 3-4k rpm but nothing too dreadful.As time progressed this led to the car stalling and becoming undrivable. If left it for a couple of days and the engine would only rev up to 3-4k rpm and then it would just hover there like there was a rev limiter. So i thought it must be to do with fueling from my weber carb so I stripped the whole thing, cleaned out every part and flushed the channels until everything should be as good as new. I rebolted everything on and the same thing happened again. As a test I started the car then used a syringe to squirt petrol directly into the carb at 3/4k rpm to try and see if there was a fuel delivery problem while accelerating.This made no effect at all and just made the car run even worse. the next port of call was all spark plugs and leads which replacing them made no difference. So I looked to my dizzy where there was a bit of oil pouring out and took it off. There was oil everywhere even inside tyhe dizzy so I replaced it with another prob a spare engine. This made my car run fine for a while and i was happy as punch, However , on the way home today the car died again after feeling some wierd flat spots at 3-4k rpm. [:s] I have one wierd theory on this, around the same time I put my weber on I extended my oil breather hose by quite a length in an effort to get nasty fumes out my cockpit, this was done using a smaller diameter pipe wedged in and jubillie clipped to the old pipe (ghetto mechanics), could this have caused increased backpressure causing pressure on the dizzy oil seal and as the oil seal is a bit dodgy filled my dizzy with oil and is for some reason causing the problems?Any help would be great

Leon

2. Cleggstar Forum Member

do you not need to get webber carbs "jetted"? take it to a RR and get it set up on the rollers