1300 twin dhla balance issue (i think)

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by olipirate, Jul 26, 2010.

1. olipirate Forum Member

Unsure how to describe whats up here, but ill try my best to give you a chance of actually giving advice :lol:

[​IMG]

The carb on the right isn't sucking as hard as the left one (on idle and when the engine is revved).

The butterflys on both carbs are opening together and both open fully at the same time.

I did compression test the engine as i feared something was up but there is plenty of compression there and is the same across the whole motor.

I checked the float levels and they are the same as when they were set originally but now i dunno what else to look at.

Driving the car home from santapod yesterday, it ran like a bag of crap for like 2 hours then randomly went fine and drove perfectly all the way home (like it was prior to sunday). This morning I went to investate the problem and it has come back (without me touching anything).

[:x]

help please? cheers haha.

2. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

Air leak between head and carb on the side that's not sucking well?

Can't see a brake servo, but if there is one, is it plumbed into that side only? If so check for leaks in that pipework.

[:s]

3. olipirate Forum Member

no servo. the only vac take off goes straight to the dizzy. and its not leaking.

I will however double check that the manifold is bolted down properly, didn't check the lower nuts for some reason.

any other ideas?

4. G60RCaol Forum Member

Sorted this yet?

When you say not sucking as hard, are you checking with a synchrometer in the trumpets? If so, are the trumpets on the not as hard sucking carb bolted down correctly/sealed to the carb body?