160M Euro Millions winners go public

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 2.0 MK2, Jul 15, 2011.

1. danster Forum Addict

Humpty Dumpty lives!! :o

And I thought he fell off a wall and all the king's horses and all the king's men could not put Humpty back together again. [:s]

2. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Hell yea :thumbup:

[​IMG]

3. mickey taker

mickey taker Forum Member

jealous *******s, thats my long lost aunty and uncle fifteen times removed ,

Now how much do I get :)

4. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Disabled? Disabled because they are fat ****s!!!

5. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

^^ My thoughts exactly, In fact the tickets where bought with dole/disability money and I work hard to still have to think twice about spending 10quid on a few tickets and its clear from the interview with him that he'd bought a few tickets, some things just dont seem rite to me.

6. Claypole Forum Junkie

So two matching mobility scooters it is. :thumbup:

Too fat to walk. :lol:

They are going to have to buy a new house anyway as they'll have people at the door now they've gone public and a van full of begging letters twice a day from the Postie. :clap:

7. danster Forum Addict

I can see them needing to be signed off the sick soon with bad backs, what with carrying around their wallets. :lol:

Maybe the exercise of having to open all the begging letters, running away from reporters and carry these new heavy wallets will miraculously make them lose a tonne of weight. Thinking positive and all that. :thumbup:

8. antinkariba

antinkariba Forum Member

Sod that!

I would go and buy an Aston Martin tomorrow!

Oh and a house, and a boat, and a helicopter and probably my own castle with a moat and drawbridge!

9. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Yes I'm jealous as ****.

stay in their current house, yeah, till the first wrong 'un comes through the window late at night to make off with the telly.

Honestly this sort of thing is utterly wasted on this pair.

If I won, (I actually bought a ticket) would I be living in the same house, driving the same car, buying **** for a budgie? Would I balls! By now I'd be looking over early plans for my hollowed out Volcano 'lair', riding about in a Helicopter gunship and buying fresh sheep for the shark stank.

No imagination some people! At least if, as I suspect, they attempt to blow the lot on frozen chips and die of a heart attack and 40m does land in the laps of HMRC it might serve to help us pull our selves out of this national debt mess.

10. SKI

ski Forum Member

Yeh got to remember hookers :lol:

hell yeah solid gold space frame and rear mounted v16 :p
    Plus a sweet ass garage and a collection of golfs haha.

Also employ mr.h full time :lol:.

11. Mike_H Forum Addict

"We've won 160 million on the lottery, hen"

"Jings! What will we do about all the beggin' letters"

"Keep on sendin' them, hen. Keep sendin' them."

[:D]

12. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

:lol: :lol:

13. N/B

N/B Forum Member

No Tax to pay on the initial winning sum - read this - but the silly sods will probably put it all in their Post Office account and, like the mugs they are, fail to avoid paying a *****load of tax on the interest.

I agree, it's utterly wasted on these two.
    Clearly not going to start any great business ventures, and daft enough to remain at home.
    The Lottery sure is a great way to take huge chunks of cash right out of the economy... [:[]

14. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Jealousy tbh!

First job I'd do is buy 2 of my closest buddies 0.5 - 1 million pound 4 bed houses, just whatever they needed to get the monkey that is the housing market off their backs for good.

Aside from obvious personal expenditure, tuck a load up offshore in various funds and look at good ways of deploying it.

Oh, and buy up PVW and Golf+ & put it under CGTI ownership - and put salaries in place for CGTI staff!

15. prof Forum Addict

you'd need to find a decent finance person, so you can get the 8 million a year interest and keep as much of it as possible. which may mean moving away

moving to another country, you'd need to pay of the local crime barons so it's all going to be tricky.

geneva maybe?

16. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Very simple. Cayman funds, Jersey or Monaco domicile, helicopter.

French tax dodgers move to Geneva as Monaco doesn't work for them.

17. danster Forum Addict

I would imagine with that sort of dosh there is just a small chance you could actually get one of them there 16v engines to the 200bhp mark! :lol:

18. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

1 week on, I'd already be planning my worldwide domination. I'd have bought my Nordschleiffe holiday apartment, and it would be stocked with a ready to run GT3 RS LHD, German registered and insured.

I would be looking for a modest, but pleasant property somewhere quiet, with gated security. As well as a warehouse/barn big enough for 20+ cars. Heated, with ramps. Fully stocked with cabinets, and tools.

I'd be looking for the very best Mk1 shell i could find, ready for its dip/zinc coating and complete resto with 4wd 500bhp conversion. Same goes for a Mk2 with a GolfR TFSI 4wd conversion. I'd also have a few monstrous new Vdubs, Golf R with Stage 3 450bhp+.

The Lambos, R8 V10 etc would also be part of my garage as well.

While the restos on my cars were taking place, i would be touring some of europ in a massive motorhome. Towing something suitable behind.

Thats just for starters if i had 160m to play with. Obviously, my family would be well looked after, as well as a few select charities. And invest as much to get as high return as possible. All of the above would be possible with just the interest.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  19. b'locks Forum Addict

winning 161 million and then only giving your family/friends half a million each or just enough to get their necks above water is proper stingy imo :lol:

i'd give my close family members and closest friends a few million each and basically make them all millionaires too so they could enjoy the same lifestyle as me, plus there'd be no asking for more money. if they then went and blew it all then tough :thumbup:

20. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Id have to do it case by case. Some of my family would be dead in 12 months if i gave them a few mill to play with. :lol: Some would be on an allowance. To restrict their spending.