16v Fuel lines - under bonnet

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by Turk, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Turk New Member

Hi all

Following on from the post Somafunk posted about Hel no longer making fuel lines. I was looking to get some fuel lines made for a 16v engine. Mainly all the lines from the metering head to injectors and WUR.

I spoke with Ben at Hel yesterday and he is ok if I send my lines to them so they can copy the design.

Would anyone else be interested in getting these made for their cars?

Thanks
    Turk

2. somafunk Forum Member

I sent my fuel lines off to Hel yesterday so i should hear back today, i said they could keep the old fuel lines and pump accumulator lines so they have a set to copy for further orders, when i hear back about the cost i'll post it up or better still i guess Ben should repost in the Hel thread with prices.

The engine they came off is a 1989 1800cc 16v.

Cheers.

3. Turk New Member

Did you send off the lines to the injectors and WUR or just the lines from tank to bay?

4. somafunk Forum Member

I sent off the two short hardline fuel lines at the pump accumulator assembly and all 7 lines including banjo bolts in the engine bay.

5. Turk New Member

Ok, wicked.

Keep me posted on these as I need to get the lines from metering head to injectors and WUR.

6. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

I have had good service/prices from 'think automotive' in the past

7. somafunk Forum Member

Fuel lines have arrived at Hel today, i'll keep you's all informed.

8. somafunk Forum Member

Still waiting on my fuel lines from Hel, getting fed up with a 22 mile roundtrip cycle to work in this weather:(

9. dub303 Forum Member

Mine don't look too pretty, is it an easy DIY replacement? Not really looked at them close but could be interested.

10. somafunk Forum Member

It's an easy job to replace all the fuel lines in the engine bay, however your hard/solid tubing fuel lines at the pump assembly under the car will prob all be rusted solid and need soaking with plus-gas or other such loosening agent, not WD-40 as that stuff is only good for removing sticky labels from windows.

As long as they're not leaking and not an advisory in the MOT then i'd leave them well alone, but if you ever decide to change the large fuel filter at the pump assembly under the car then you'll prob need to remove the entire unit to work on it.

11. dub303 Forum Member

Thanks for the warning... will leave them well alone. Bay looks a mess anyway so I'll leave them till last if I ever get there!

12. Ben - HEL Performance

Ben - HEL Performance Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

These have been re-patterned again now and are available as before at the same prices. :thumbup:

13. reza_q New Member

Gents/Ben

I would be definately committed to a full set of fuel lines/banjos from the metering head to injectors and WUR.

Ben, if you get these made please PM me? Blue would be nice, but OEM black would be fine.

Problem is my plastic clips that hold the lines in place in front of the intake manifold as broken and NLA from VW.

What will your fuel lines secure to?

Rez

14. Joesoap Forum Member

Must look
    I should have a full set somewhere [:[]

15. danster Forum Addict