16v kjet idle problem

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by ivanro_jo, Mar 23, 2016.

1. ivanro_jo Forum Member

Some days ago my car started to idle badly (before it always worked perfect), fluctuating between 800 and 1500 rpm... I adjusted the wur some months ago, I have checked the isv (it does buzz) I checked the vacuum lines they leaked a little bit I solved the problem but the idle didn't improve.

Something strange is that if I push the brake some times fast the idle go perfect 1000 rpm but when I stop it fluctuates again and now I don't see any leaks anywhere including the brake system, I used an air leaks machine for that.

Some ideas?? probably my wur went away?

thanks a lot!

2. Ben_s Forum Member

There is a one way valve on the vacuum line between the inlet manifold and the brake servo. It may be worth pulling it off and checking that it still seals.

On the rear of the inlet manifold, right hand side is a vac line that comes off and bends 90 degrees, follow that and you'll find the valve

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

ivanro_jo likes this.
  3. ivanro_jo Forum Member

Yes I know what you are talking about I didnt think on it! i will check it! thanks a lot!

4. ivanro_jo Forum Member

I have check the valve and it is ok, i have drive the car quite fast this weekend and it looks quite better. When the engine is warm is almost perfect but in cold it has already a very bad idle but not so bad as last days, maybe the problem is the wur because the warmer the engine is the better the idle is... the most strange thing is that if a push some time fast the pedal brake idle goes perfect....

5. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

Could well be a vacuum hose issue check lines and connections as well as the valve

6. ivanro_jo Forum Member

Hello again! I solved the problem but not at all!

All the air circuit pipes new and new joins.
    Some pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

.[​IMG]
    Old hoses
    [​IMG]

Now the idle when the car is hot is perfect!:thumbup: I also changed the gasket of the air metering for a new paper one but i dont have pictures of that sorry.

On the other hand I have adjusted the wur pressure to 3.4:
    [​IMG]

I have to get an afr gauge to calibrate perfect the injection, because now I dont know if it is going lean or rich...:(

On very cold start I have idle problems yet, maybe the wur is almost dying:cry: I will look for an other one or an other amount of them lol.

7. Ben_s Forum Member

At least it is better than it was! One day, it will be perfect

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk