16v Super Charger

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by golfmanuk, Jul 26, 2005.

1. golfmanuk Forum Member

hi i have 16v and was wondering how the super charger would work with the kjet? hope you can help me thanks

2. TIM

Tim Forum Addict

i think you are better off converting to mega squirt or alike?

im sure trev16v will be able to help,

tim

3. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

You ditch the mechanical K-Jetronic system completely and replace it with electronic fuel injection: Fuel rail, electronic injectors, suitable ECU with MAF sensor that will handle boost applications (you can use a G60 ECU to start with). There's quite a bit of 16V G60 information out there, so do a search. A good place to start is the BBM website which explains a lot (and I got my kit from them). Also join up the Yahoo 16V G60 mailing list and then have a look in the list archives - there's lots of stuff in there.

4. 16VTWOODY New Member

iv been tould that if you got air con on a 16v then the belts will mach up if you sw*p the air con for a charger is their any truth in this?

as iv got a 16v turbo with air con and stand alone managmant and im toying with the idea of ading a charger aswell

any info/help will be mint cheers woody

5. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

The G60 is driven by a tensioned serpentine belt system, not a vee-belt. You might like to take a look at my 16V G60 thread to see how the G60 sits on my KR engine.