18yr old GTI insurance?

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by beatneckkid, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Claypole Forum Junkie

I thought I was mental years ago when I paid 1200.00 for a year's fully comp. :lol:

and that was on a 13,000 Corrado VR6... ;)

2. K'Reg Forum Member

Crazy prices for young drivers. I'm 45 and pay 168 per year fully comp protected for a 16v.
    Ah the joys of being old....

3. yonner Forum Member

im 18 mate :) got a mk2 8v gti admiral multicar for me my mum and my dad on my mums beetle cabrio s and my golf is 1400, fully comp on the beetle and tpft on my golf

it was however costing my mum and dad 280 just to insure the beetle tho lol but im not complaining because now im insured on both cars :) \

and before u say anything :p driving a beetle convertable gets the chicks!

4. HoppyGTi

HoppyGTi Forum Member

Insurance is one of those things you can never seem to be in the right age bracket.
    When I was 18 I paid big premiums (not anywhere near as big as you guys) for my Jetta. 25 was the next age bracket to get "cheaper" car insurance. That came and went, next hurdle is 30 to be able to insure a Mk1 cab on classic insurance!!!
    You never seem to win.

I have just waited for quick cars until they have been sensible to insure!!! The G40 I drive at a group 16 still makes me wince though!!![:s]

The joys of being old!!!!!! seems like whenyou phone these guys at times you wish you were older still!!!!!:lol:

5. Claypole Forum Junkie

It seems it's "I want it now" these days.

A while ago you worked your way up a year and a car at a time, 1.3, 1.6, 1.8, 2.9 etc. :lol:

6. sarah16v Forum Member

I've seen him in the driver last summer but haven't seen his Jetta yet, although i have seen pictures and it does look good [8D]

7. beatneckkid New Member

He's here rite now as I type weve been fitting the ICE all day, he says thanks, It is really good same standard as your old caddy. Cant wait to get my hand on a GTI. James