1984 A Reg Mk2 GTi 8v MFA problem

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Daniel119, May 13, 2014.

1. Daniel119 Forum Member

Hello, I picked up an A reg GTi over the weekend, and the MFA was working - Could select through the functions with the column stalk no problem at all, the only problem I could see then was the MPG function said 99.9

The shift light on the MPG dial at the top of the clocks was also working, but I believe the actual dial is supposed to scroll across the arrow? But it wasnt doing this either.

I have now noticed that the MFA is un-selectable and has this code in its place whether the car is on or off, the MPG shift light has also stopped working

Does anyone know what could be causing this fault? Please see attached photo

Sunday morning I went out to get in the car and I had left the lights on overnight and the battery was completely dead, AA jump started the car as I was away from home so I am not sure if that is relevant information

Any help greatly appreciated

Regards,

Daniel

[​IMG]

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

pull the dash fuse to reset the mfa, check the battery as if dash looses power mfa will play up. for the mpg check the vacuum pipe from the back of the clocks to the brake servo hose