I've owned this car for many years now and it's had an awful lot done to it in that time. I've spent a fair bit of time lurking on this forum looking for answers to various questions, so I thought it was probably about time I put up some sort of build thread. Anyway, here's a run down of everything in no particular order (I hope) that has been done to the car so far! A full engine rebuild has been carried out with various modifications added, including a Newman 268 cam, Kent vernier pulley, polished crank, high compression Wossner forged pistons and mild porting and polishing. K-jetronic system was somewhat overhauled in 2015 and the engine has an adjustable 16v WUR attached to it. Trackslag OEM slanty system and milltek manifold also added; manifold was heat wrapped before going on. The car now makes a proven 140bhp on the rolling road and you can certainly tell when hammering it. Pretty decent for an 8v. Dyno vid: New alternator, going from 55amp to 65. Earthing wire also uprated in places. Various odds and ends also changed, such as wheel bearings, CV boots etc. Changed to pink coolant instead of the blue stuff. Engine bay was stripped back completely, treated, painted and waxoyled. Redone bits of wiring in the engine bay to lights, various sensors and auxiliary air valve as they were showing signs of corrosion or splitting. Fitting a Epytec shortshifter bar which feels great alongside the mk3 weighted shifter. Fitted KW V1 coilovers as well as new G60 top mounts and had the cars geometry aligned. Fitted plastic strut caps to finish off. Bought and fitted Ronal Turbo 15 inch wheels and new black tapered wheel bolts to match. I also run BBS RS 070 and 071 when the weather is nice. Mcgard locking wheel nuts run on both sets of wheels. Fitted new MoMo ProtoTipo steering wheel with new MoMo small splined boss adapter. Fitted custom made wooden golf ball gearknob, more wooden bits to follow. Fitted good condition FIFFT smoked tail-lights. Fitted 3D lettered number plates. Fitted a used good condition set of roof gutters. Had a decent amount of rust removed from the car and a full respray: Rear valance The rear valance was basically made of filler and I'd instructed them to cut it out and weld in a new panel, here's what they found once cutting it out. Fuel door area Rear valance repaired A new panel was welded in as well as using some of the new panels for the corner sections. Rear badge Bubbling around the VW badge meant that it had to be removed and ground back to clean metal. The windscreen scuttle panel Rust in two places needed to be addressed, under the seal under the drivers side and the usual rust around the wiper spindle. This has been ground back to clean metal and the new panel provided was not required. Channel behind the windscreen seal has also been tidied. Drivers door sill, underneath sill sticker I had noticed some bubbling under the sill sticker in this area, so I'd asked them to take a look. Here's what they found: Drivers door Unfortunately, I also had some nasty scabbing on my drivers door. A section has been completely cut out and a new section has been welded in. I was a little bit bothered that they kept the rubbing strip on but I suppose it is what it is.. Painted and Shutz spray added: Back together after respray and welding: Sound deadening and underlay kit fitted: You'll notice one piece is a different colour on one side of the handbrake cable underlay. It turns out they sent me two duplicate pieces! Some additional sound deadening for inside the doors, this has made a huge difference already to resonance: And finally, door membranes. Not pretty, but they'll do the job: Custom Recaros and door cards fitted: Also fitted NOS Votex floor mats and added later style door bins to the door cards, with a few of adding speakers in the future. There's probably loads and loads more I've forgotten to add, I think to properly remind myself of what's been done I'd have to read through the receipt folder of doom.. and I don't feel up to that! A few bits and pieces planned now though, I'm going to give it a proper detail tomorrow weather permitting and probably put the RSs back on. I also need to take the door cards back to the trimmer for some minor adjustments, as the original cards were off a big door/later car and they don't quite fit right. Hopefully I can get this sorted in the coming weeks. Other things on the list: Replace coolant hoses and add Mikalor clips. Fit various stainless bolts and screws. Get the sill vinyl sticker fitted. Modify seat bases so I can sit closer to the wheel, it's a bit of a stretch at the moment which isn't ideal. More that I can't think of right now, it really never ends. Will of course try to update as things progress!