1990 1.3 Mk2 Golf

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by GolfJay, Jul 24, 2013.

1. GolfJay New Member

Ok guys, this is copied and pasted from elsewhere over a period of a year so please bare with me if it doesn't quite make sense...

1990 Mk2 Golf
    1.3 CL
    119,000 mile
    3 owners from new (2 of these being VW dealerships)
    Full years MOT
    99% immaculate

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As my girlfriend brought it for me, I had to promise that i'd now save abit of cash and NOT spend it on the Golf. Two weeks later the coilovers were purchased and fitted leaving me with this...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In return I had to promise to start saving some cash and not spend any on the Golf... It didn't go well.

A couple of weeks later I came across a set of Ronal Teddies. ALWAYS wanted a set and these are original so 6J wide instead of the re-release 5.5J

[​IMG]

The Golf stayed like this for a while until I decided to pull my finger out. Wheel refurb and new tyres meant these were finally ready...

[​IMG]

Week by week the car was going lower and lower. I got to this point and decided enough was enough for the time being...

[​IMG]

Next up was a GTi splitter, GTi clocks and smoked rears.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At this point I started to get abit idea happy and started hoarding parts. I decided that I wanted a bench seat in the front. Within a week this was sat in my dining room (Where it still sits today)

[​IMG]

At this point, the car stayed like this for a while...

[​IMG]

My spare bedroom currently houses a full UK Jetta front end, a US spec front bumper, several sets of clocks and lights. I also have a set of 25mm spacers to give it a wider look but arch work is required first.

Come yew years eve, some lovely person wrote it off :( 40mph into the back of me at a red light. They paid out, the car was repaired and I carried on where I left off...

Next up was a US Westy front end...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next I decided that i'd had enough of the Ronals. I wanted to become a scene queen... 14x8J Image 3 piece splits!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a few better photos...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And that brings me up to today. Next up is more camber on the front and rear so that I can hopefully run even lower and close the gap between the lip/dish and arch!