1990 Corrado ISV control module

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by g60luke, Jun 25, 2023.

1. g60luke Forum Member

Hi all,

Just bought a 1990 Corrado 16v and getting ISV to work properly since suprise suprise its not working haha!

I cannot for the life of me locate the control module.
    I have taken center console out and looked behind by heater matrix and no sign of it or wiring.

Anyone know where its located on a 1.8 KR early Corrado 16v.
    So runs K-Jet metering head, normal KR ECU (identical to a Mk2 Golf GTi 16v)
    But looked in usual place a Mk2 Golf has ISV module and no joy...

Cheers
    Luke

2. watercooled Forum Member

I didnt know there was a controller ?,have you checked all the wiring and plug on the valve ? I have cleaned several ISV's and its amazing the crap that comes out ,that crap can also makes its way into the cross pipe and rubber joints to the air trunking .
    I have never had an ISV fail but not to say they don't,not worth condeming your old one to quickly however.
    Just had a look @ mine and there are a lot other wires on the ISV loom going to sensors and what looks like live feed going to starter all worth checking related to ISV or not.
    Cheers.

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yeah the KR corrado should have one same as a MK2 KR, where it is though is a good question :lol: I assumed console as well. maybe look up under dash, see if you can spot wiring coming in from engine bay behind fusebox and chase it

4. Typ53 New Member

A bit late now, but for posterity, in the KR Corrado it is under the dash, outboard of the steering column. If you go under the pedals head first you'll spot it on a slide on bracket more or less above the fuse box.