1995 Corrado 2li 8v

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by stephcasscar, Aug 20, 2005.

1. stephcasscar Paid Member Paid Member

One of my neighbours asked me to look at his car today, it is a misty blue colour and looks the part. He paid 4.5k last year for it.

I had no idea that VW were whacking out 2li 8v in corrado's as late as 95, when they had the 16v 2Li and the VR6. it is ment to be a sports car,.

Anyway the chap shows me this folder full of receipts, AMD chip , Koni Adjustable Suspension, stainless exhaust and a Kent G2 Cam,

Its got a mild steel exhaust with a tail pipe trim, its got koni dampeners with standard springs, cant find any evidence of a chip and I suspect the cam is standard.

The chap knows absolutly nothing obout cars and said to me the starter was making a funny noise and he was pointing to the wiper motor [:s]

I took it out for a drive with him it was as if I was driving my old passat wasnt as wobbly by the engine was no different.

I cant help but think he was totally ripped off and maybe at one point it may have had the bits but the punter took them out before he sold the car.

2. Andy665 Forum Member

Unless the car had little more than delivery mileage and was absolutely mint then 4.5k was a rip-off, half it and he'd have had an OK buy

3. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

[xx(] been ripped by the sounds of it.

4. madmonkey Forum Addict

Ask PhatVr6 what he thinks of the 2.0 8v he had in his Raddo. :lol:

5. Unknown Forum Junkie

It'd make a good base for a 1.8t conversion though!

6. b'locks Forum Addict

:lol: [:|]