1st Choice Vehicle Dismantlers (again)

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by voteforpedro, Dec 21, 2007.

1. voteforpedro Forum Member

That guy really isn't a good business man. :thumbd:

He told me I could have the stub axles off a Mk2 or Mk3 GTI if I removed them myself. He refused to cut through the beam, even on the Mk2 whose beam was almost rusted through. He said a tenner for each stub, which is good. The Mk2 had so much rust I couldn't even see the screws. The Mk3 was better but it was on the ground with a car on top of it so not ideal. :(

Anyway... I then asked him how much for the bonnet in the same colour as mine which I'd been looking for for ages... 25 he said, but I had to remove it myself and it was stacked on top of another car!!! It has writing on it in bright pink ink which he assured me would come off...

Yeah right.

2. alcamistdvd Forum Member

mate i seriously wouldn't bother with them.
    went doen the other for some rear calipers as i cut through one in a bit of a temper trying to do the abs sensors.
    same sort of scenario the car was on its belly no chance of getting at the carriers (the bits i needed) asked if he could swap the cars over with the crane, you'd have thought i was asking for a weeks wages??
    his answer was i'll try later, ended up getting it from the stealers cost a lot more but there you go as i needed it for motting.

alcamist

3. AxlFoley Forum Junkie

scrappys are all pants, but they are cheep :) you have to barter and take a big coat ;)

Alcamist where in ponty are you dude ?

4. voteforpedro Forum Member

This guy really doesn't like bartering. Twice now he's told me where to go as soon as I try and haggle.

5. Admin Guest

my local scrappy is like that, unless you want to take the whole car they are not interested in selling stuff off it,

"we don't sell bits individually"

well i think you do as someone has raped that car for stuff!
    or they want well over the odds for parts, think they need reminding that they are at best second hand parts and don't warrant the barnd new prices....