2.0 9a 16V KE Motronic starting/fueling issues.

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by Corin D, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Corin D CGTI Regional Host

Hi all, hope someone here can point me in the right direction. I have a Mk1 Golf running a 9a with the factory KE Motronic injection system, from cold on starting it's a bugger to catch and fire, however when I disconnect the temp sensor on the side of the head the car fires up??? I have replaced the temp sensor with a new genuine item but the car is still the same? I have timed the engine to 6 degrees, any ideas??

Thanks

2. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

I take it you fitted the fuel accumulator ?

[​IMG]

Put fuel gauges on her and check fuel pressure, also holding pressure after switching off :thumbup:

could be faulty non return valve on fuel pump or faulty accumulator.

Corin D likes this.
  3. Corin D CGTI Regional Host

I have got the accumulator fitted, thanks for the pointers, I have a spare fuel pump so will give that a whirl if not I'll try the accumulator.

:thumbup:

4. Corin D CGTI Regional Host

I have tried the pump but still exactly the same, I don't think it is the accumulator as the vehicle starts immediately when the temp sensor is unplugged. :(

5. bazoldskoolmk2 Forum Member

has the car been layed up unused for a while and this symptom is new since trying to re-use??????????

6. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Corin D, KE Jet does work with a Motronic unit and can be diagnosed via a 2x2 connection.
    The air flow flap as adjustment which is normally seals.

Disconnection of the white 2 pin coolant sensor and subsequent starting, suggests the running mixture needs to be enriched.