2.0 tall block but what head

Discussion in 'Engines' started by Dom Jones, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Dom Jones New Member

i'm in the middle of building a tall block 2.0l out of a audi 80 1990 model for my g reg 90 spec 8v golf but it needs boring and the new pistons are 86 each and hard to get hold of, i've got a lightened and blanced crank and flywheel for it, do i stick with an 8v head or would i be best opting for a 16v head as i already have a full loom and fuel punp and tank from a previous project if so what pistons do i need.

2. chrismc Forum Junkie

Because the 8v block takes its distributor drive off the intermediate shaft & the 16v dizzy runs off the end of one of the cams in the head, you are going to be limited to sticking with an 8 valve head AFAIK......... [:^:]

The standard bore should be 82.5mm, so you need 83mm pistons which are readily available. As long as the crank is a 92.8mm throw 2L jobbie then use that & the lightened flywheel. With the 83mm pistons that should give you 2008cc [8D]

To make it work properly use ure mk2s digifant head in Pack C spec & a TSR 202 or 203 cam. With the usual induction/exhaust mods you should crack 145BHP & 140lbs/ft!! :clap:
    Edited by: chrismc