2.0 TFSI ED30 - going GT2871R

Discussion in 'Badger5' started by Hurdy, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Hurdy Forum Member

Hi Bill,

I've been told that this is where you can sometimes be found for a little advice:thumbup:

I have a 2007 Edition 30 DSG.

I've just bought the VF kit to do the RSR conversion and was wondering what kind of output I could reasonably expect.

A little info....

VF Engineering exhaust manifold
    Garett GT2871R turbo with optional .86 AR exhaust housing
    VF Engineering downpipe adaptation flange
    VF Engineering throttle body to intercooler pipe
    VF Engineering intercooler to turbo inlet pipe
    VF Engineering mechanical DV
    VF Engineering turbo outlet bend

Injectors uprated (don't ask me what yet!)

THS intercooler (can flow around 486 g/s)

RSR forged rods and pistons (from memory Pauter rods)

I'm having the work done at Statllers by Steve jr and he is confident that this kit will give up over 420bhp / 380lbft.

Do these outputs sound right?
    What pressure would this be at?
    Would it be much more laggy than the K04?
    Any advice on extra kit to help out in the stability, power of the conversion?

Thanks for any advice.:thumbup:

John.

2. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

I have'nt personal experience on these yet, but from what I have seen and read over on vortex, the kit is capable of the 400bhp levels (in the US), and is lagier than the K04, but not horrible by any means.

I know on the 1.8t motors the GT2871 wont push past 370bhp on DD rollers on the two I have mapped. One of the was a 2ltr conversion, and it has max'd out the turbos flow, so on your 2.0tfsi, I cant see how it would produce much more. its boost I mapped (leon) was 1.8bar peak, and it can only hold 1.5bar at 7800rpm (max'd flow)

hope this is of help.
    I think there's a guy over on SCN who has this on a new Leon.. done by Awesome Gti.
    worth sending him a message maybe? (DanGB)

3. Hurdy Forum Member

Cheers Bill.:thumbup:

I've spoken to Dan already, he has the same type kit (not exact though) but doesn't have rods/pistons. He has made 390 on DD rollers. This kit was in an S3 with stock rods/pistons and was making a claimed 417bhp at 1.2bar!! (depends on the rollers!)

I don't want to push the kit to the limit, but Steve Jr at Statllers seems confident it will make somewhere between 420 to 460bhp (again, don't know what rollers!).

4. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

that should be a lot of fun :)

5. micky1 Forum Member

Regal are the boys to talk to.

They have a similar spec gti, they modified jonnyC's S3 8P to that spec and have done a few more.

6. Chungster Forum Member

This is the kit off Jonny's S3...he's fitting a GT30 instead. So Hurdy has already spoken to Chris at Regal about this. He just wanted Bill's opinion as a few people on another forum have advised him to do so. :)