2.0lt 16v buying advise ibiza cupra sport

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by alexmk2gti, Jan 19, 2005.

1. alexmk2gti Forum Member

apologies first, i have been asked by a work colleague about buying a 98 seat ibiza 2.0lt 16v. He would have bought a golf 16v gti but for insurance!!!

he asked me for any advise/ problems with the engine to look out for... i guess its the 150 bhp vw unit??? so is there any problems/ known faults to keep an eye outfor?? its a 98 car with 55k on the clock and full dealer history..

or if anyone knows much about problems with the ibiza please pass them on..

afraid ihavent been around much and i apoligise for abusing your knowledge. i was tempted back to the dark side by building a late 205 in miami blue with a nice 170 bhp mi16 engine.. shame its not built like my mk2 golf!!!

all views welcome.. it has to be the ibiza as he cant get insured on the golf..

many thanks

alex

2. edc1 Forum Member

Do a search on seatcupra.net the answers should be there, but in brief there is nothing much in particular to look out for apart from rear wash pipe which is normal for pretty much any VAG car lol. Cambelt will be due now or should be done already. Check the clutch operation, if stiff and clucth not slipping then will need new cable, and the usual tyres and brakes check etc