2.5tdi T4 Transporter (ACV) power loss problems.

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by PhatVR6, May 17, 2010.

1. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

ACV with DPF removed, remap and PP 216 nozzles.

It hasn't missed a beat in the 2 years I've owned it, but has always been a struggle to start since I fitted the nozzles.

Towed an empty trailer 300miles on Friday, picked a car up. 50 miles later pulled into a petrol station and it cut out and wouldn't restart. It sounded strange when turning over, like there was no compression. 5 mins later it chugged into life.

Still showing a strong 15psi of boost but had no power, struggled to do 40mph up a slight hill. 10 mins later seemed fine.

Stopped 50 mile later and again wouldn't restart for a good 10 mins.

All I can see wrong in the engine bay is diesel soaked bleed off hoses on the 5th injector (the one with the wiring thingy on it). It's been leaking badly as it's all over the back of the pump.

Also, I know I've tonked it down at 80 all the way but I've only gone steady with the car on, yet with only 360 mile showing in in the red and needing fuel. That's working out at under 25mpg.

Any ideas what has happened? I've got a 400mile trip to do today to get the car on the trailer home, and no tools...

Any good advice appreciated.

2. infinity

infinity Forum Member

air / boost leak or MAF issue??

3. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

I've had a feel of the intercooler hoses but couldn't find anything, it was dark and late though so couldn't really see.

4. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

Lack of Fuel Pressure if its down on power and Fuel all over pump.

bypass the fuel filter first and if that doesn't help it must be the injection pump.