OPEN 2 stage authentication

Discussion in 'Temporary, New forum requests/bugs' started by Eddie Tuke, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Eddie Tuke Forum Member

Hi. Ive just resumed my 87 16v Golf rebuild after a long delay with the rolling shell painted now - hoorah. So now the difficult bit starts. I took it apart over a year ago, and i am getting slightly anxious that I cant remember much about it! But abyway - meantime Ive changed my phone and my old Club GTI 2-stage authentication didnt make it across when I changed phones so I cant get in on my old account. Can I use my old account or do I need to use this new one? Easy either way. Eddie

2. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

@rubjonny will be able to sort it for you I’m sure! I don’t have access to accounts otherwise I’d have a go

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

dont think the 2 stage authorisation is valid any more, are you talking about the tapatalk app thing? if so we dont use that anymore either. to reset an old acount all you need to know is the username, plus it needs to have the right email address assigned to it so you can receive the reset email. if its an old inactive email account drop me a PM and I'll reset

4. Eddie Tuke Forum Member

Okay. I still got the 2 stage authentication window, which I used to use google authenticator for. I'm back in using this, so I'll stick with this logon then. Thanks. Eddie

5. rubjonny

I can reset your old login no problem if you let me know the username :)

are you trying to use the tapatalk mobile app?

6. Eddie Tuke Forum Member

My Browser has overwritten it now but It was EJYT I think.

I was using the Google Authenticator App. Must have had a burst of security conciousness..

7. rubjonny

8. Eddie Tuke Forum Member

That's me. I can go back to that ID or just keep going on this new ID if its easier. I suppose I should go back as I did some posts and pics etc. Can you reset it please. Then I suppose I log out then in again as the old ID. Will it forget about the old 2 stage authentication? E

9. rubjonny

I've just merged the old account into the new one, easiest way since your new account is all set up and working. so now all the old posts etc will appear under your new name :)

Eddie Tuke likes this.
  10. Eddie Tuke Forum Member

Thanks so much John. Hope to start working again on it soon (2 poster lift being connected up now to help get the suspension off), so will get some pictures up (and no doubt generate some questions!) soon Eddie